Thursday 18 May 2017

Studio brief 4: Poster research

Although I will producing a newspaper style publication, the plan to have a poster in the middle spread of it means that I could benefit from researching into popular posters. This research will allow me to ensure that my design will be valued by the audience that will be reading the newspaper. The poster will need to be on trend and also fit with the aesthetic of the newspaper. I have used the website designspiration to find the on trend posters that could influence the middle pages of the newspaper I am designing. Figure 1 is a monotone poster, using different shades to accentuate the object in the middle of the page. This style of using only one colour and the white sans serif text at the bottom of the page will act as inspiration for my newspaper design. I think the objects that I will be photographing are not something that would look good presented in this way, so I have decided to approach them in an abstract manner. 
The layout of figure 2 works well with the white border around the image, allowing the image to be the focus and then the text to stand out without distracting from the image. I think elements from figures 1 and 2 together could work well and be something that I apply to the design of the poster in the middle of the newspaper. 

fig. 1 


fig. 2


No comments:

Post a Comment