Sunday 5 May 2019

Burnout - Zine production

As the zine was something that I wanted to have in the final exhibition, I used an online printing company so that the outcome was of a higher quality than if printed within the University. I was also able to order more copies at a lower cost than printing individually myself.








I then wanted to photograph the zines with some of the other outcomes. I achieve this I hired a LED studio light and set up a white sheet with the light to take photographs that have the 'studio' appearance. I took a large quantity of images so that I could go through and choose the most suitable to then edit. Using Adobe Lightroom I started by generally enhancing the photos and predominantly upping the exposure. I then wanted the background to be more white and show no signs of it being a sheet with a few creases in it. Using a tutorial I learnt about the brush tool on Lightroom and by increasing the exposure to maximum, the background was transformed to looking like it was shot in a studio. 




before and after

the process

Final images













No comments:

Post a Comment