Saturday 4 May 2019

Burnout - Zine planning

I started to plan out the zine straight onto Adobe Illustrator which was good but really hard to know exactly what I wanted to include. 

Initial placement ideas:



- burnout spread across the pages as you go through, but this wasn't that relevant 




- I played around with the 15 degree head tilt idea to see if it could play into the placement of the images within the zine - this is something that I may continue to use in the final zine although it is not a huge part of the concept now
- I paired the phrases with images that they made reference to 
- phrases on white background but now refined as a concept there are 4 words to choose from 


Content planning development
I went through my research and planned out a fairly substantial typeface rationale which pulls together a lot of background research as well as some design based ideas and reasoning for the typeface design. 


I then drew out some spreads and planned the necessary content and how I could pair it with certain bit of writing etc. This is something that will further to develop when designed on the computer, but it was really useful to start to think about the narrative of the zine and how certain things would pair together well in terms of what was being portrayed. I planned it out with the typeface focus being at the beginning and then the photography come into the zine towards the end, but it might be more appropriate to mix it up and spread it out a bit more evenly. This is something that I will need to explore.  


Final Images to use:

@shotbypipe_




 @benjamincampbell_artist



@mydoormatt




@lewis_andrews_art


@olvr.jc


No comments:

Post a Comment