Saturday 4 May 2019

Burnout - Photo sourcing

I had decided that I wanted to design a zine that would act as a type specimen but an informative one that would bring awareness to the phone reliance of the millennial generation - contributing to the well known millennial burnout. 





I found a number of photographers that I knew on Instagram and contacted them about the particular images of theirs that I was interested in using to see if they would agree to let me feature them in the zine. I will include the images as part of the design development and refine it fully when I get confirmation in regards to the images I have permission to use. 

@mydoormatt
A lot of Matt's photography features people caught in urban areas on a mobile phone so I contacted him to ask if I could use a few of his images. I sent over reference to a few in particular and he agreed and sent me over 48 images to choose from. 











@Shotbypipe



@olvr.jc



@lewis_andrews_art
In response to my facebook Post, Lewis Andrews contacted me with an image that he captured of a man in the vast countryside - a place where you would thin that someone would leave the phone behind and perhaps take a break from it. 






Benjamin Campbell 
These images were sent to me a while back before I had started this project but they capture the concept well and act as a reminder to myself that I too am in the trap of being reliant on my phone. I have contacted the photographer to ask if I have permission to use them in the zine and if so I will edit them slightly so that they are not so dark. 





Stock images
If I need more images than I can get permission to use then I have found some stock images that also capture people on their phones out in public in the same way that I am trying to raise awareness about. 






Responses
I got a lot of photo responses that I will not be using in the zine but are really good for research to prove that it is such a common thing that even when people are trying to take natural photos, those involved are ver commonly on their phones. 

Some examples below:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor





No comments:

Post a Comment