Saturday 4 May 2019

Burnout - Designs in context

The purpose of the design project is to bring attention to the idea that people need to switch off in order to prevent experiencing millennial burnout. I wanted to tackle places that people may go for some downtime but also still use their phones or potentially experience a sense of guilt for not being productive. I thought of how the campaign could be carried into these environments in an aesthetically suitable way that the customer may not question it straight away and then with a bit more attention they realise that they are being subtly reminded that it is a ok and healthy to switch off. This works well in these environments because it still suits the aesthetic of the spaces and although it is a campaign about switching off digital devices, I imagine a lot of people will take photos of it and further spread it on social media - which ironically will all help to raise awareness on millennial burnout. 





I posted this on my personal instagram story as a way to show how easily it will be to spread the message about millennial burnout with this in real life places because it is aesthetic and also the kind of environment that I would personally go to and probably photograph if I saw this. 


To improve this further and ensure I achieve what I intend, I will put the phrase 'millennial burnout' under the big 'switch off' and then a small series of postcards and the zine can also be available within the space so that the customers can read into it all further if they find it of interest.

Development  




Final 






No comments:

Post a Comment