Tuesday 30 April 2019

BRUT - Audience Primary Research 1

Ask people.


Do you remember BRUT cologne?
Do you remember what it smells like?
Who does it remind you of?
Would you still use it? Why?

Susan 57 - Husband used it years ago.

Robert 65 years old- I remember using BRUT when I was around 20 years old.
I had the BRUT soap on a rope in the shower. It meant I didn’t need to bend over to get the soap. When you are in a communal shower after playing football where do you put your soap? I would put it around my neck.
Strong and distinctive but I can’t remember it well enough to describe.
The packaging was metallic emerald green and was advertised to be used by young to middle-aged men who played sport and was very much a mass market brand rather than exclusive.
Make you smell good after sport.
Cheap and cheerful that applied to youngsters.

George 25 - Yes I have heard of Brut my dad used to wear it. I use Paul Smith aftershave and lynx do.

Lewis 24 - No I haven't heard of Brut. Day to day aftershave = Christian Dior Sauvage, Deodorant = Sure Men antiperspirant spray.

Martin 53 - When I was young Brut was the in aftershave along with blue Stratos.
The smell was very unique and very strong you really stood out in the crowd when you had it on and funny but I tried some on a while back,  same old smell and green bottle same logo and design took me back to when I was seventeen and getting ready for a night out.
It reminded me about the old advert with Tommy Cooper doing the promotion on tv for its famous boxer.
No, I wouldn’t use it again there are nicer and more subtle cents out nowadays
And they don’t sting your face like Brut used too.

Ian 53 It wasn’t a great smelling product and it was cheap. it was pitched at the same market as Lynx today and in the same way. It reminds me of Henry Cooper the British boxer the catchphrase for Brut was spread it all over, I never liked it and never used it, it was used as an everyday aftershave as it was cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment