Friday 5 April 2019

Shadowlark - Research

The band sent over a google drive with some reference images and descriptions of why they liked particular layouts of posters etc. This was really helpful because it narrowed the direction in which I took the designs once I had completed research - very important when completing it as a short brief. 


About the band
It was important to find out more about the band and the type of music that they create as I hadn't heard of them before this brief was sent out. The influence of 80s synth was something that stood out to me as the exploration of recreation could be an interesting route to explore. 



Sea girls



Kawala



Jagara



The word ethereal also stood out to be interesting as something to base the event on with the meaning of extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world. "her ethereal beauty"


I then found some posters that I personally thought would be a direction that I would take the poster design based on the google drive and also the trends that I have recently seen of poster design. 






No comments:

Post a Comment