Thursday 21 February 2019

Exhibition - Email Banner

Emma Blackman

"When designing the email banner, I started by looking at previous examples which we had received. Going back through emails I found the extra-ordinary email banner which I used as a reference for size and information displayed on it. 

From here I began with a photo, the group had suggested the photo of the model sat down, as this would work best for a landscape image as it is shorter, and the person would be more visible. I began overlaying the caption on the photo and adding the logo. Figure 3 - 10 show the development of the design, it was hard to balance the title and logo, so I tried adding in additional text. I began adding the dates and Leeds Art University, but felt that this was not relevant as the information was displayed in the email. Looking at the example of extra-ordinary, I noticed that they have a quote explaining the concept. Therefore I added in 'The Gold Standard' which is one concept behind the design, as we the students are 'gold' in our standard of work. Figures 11 and 12 are the ones I shared to the group, Figure 11 has the logo the same size as the stacked text, but aligned lower to create a up - down effect. Figure 12 has the logo central to the type 'we are gold' which was selected as the favourite from our peers."


Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 3

Figure 4

Figure 5

Figure 6

Figure 7

Figure 8

Figure 9

Figure 10

Figure 11

Figure 12

No comments:

Post a Comment