Saturday 21 April 2018

Micro-genre: Food combinations photography


Using well known American food and Japanese food or utensils (chopsticks) I paired them in ways that should not work. I looked at the contrast between sweet and savoury and genral food combinations that would make the viewer uncomfortable to even think about eat. I then looked at utensils and how this could show the Americans influence on Japan. 

Initially I thought that the chopsticks could show being uncomfortable by leaving the Lucky charms cereal in the pot and showing the difficulty of having to pick up each piece of cereal individually and the frustration that this causes when it doesnt work out. A way to really illustrate this would be better through the use of video rather than an image. Below is a compilation of the short clips I took in relation to the food fusions. 

















I then edited some of the most successful photos so that I could use them within the project developments, depending on which route I take the project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment