Wednesday 9 November 2016

Studio brief 2: typeface research based on adjective


I decided to base the research on the conventions of typeface design so that I could then fit it to the word 'unorthodox' by designing the typeface in a completely opposite way.
I gathered images of traditional, conventional and commonly used typefaces as a visual representation of what I needed to make sure I didn't include in my design.




The google search of 'conventional typefaces' made it evident that a serif typeface would be the most commonly designed, so the manipulation I produce would probably stay away from this design.



Georgia
Times

  • serif 
  • large counters
  • high contrast strokes
  • short descenders
  • double-storey lowercase a's



Arial
Verdana

  • even width strokes
  • sans-serif
  • double-storey lowercase 'A'
  • horizontal crossbars

No comments:

Post a Comment