Friday 11 November 2016

Guest speaker - Radim Malinic


Guest speaker Radim Malinic delivered a very inspiring talk on his journey as a creative individual. The focus was on the influence, inspiration and information we as graphic designers can use to inform our work and how we approach a brief. His vast range of projects that he has worked on showed me that design is a skill that can be applied to EVERYTHING. We do not have to choose a specific discipline within graphic design and stick to it as by doing so we will create the same thing over and over. Instead, we should take our creative approach expand in as many directions as possible. 

I found his approach to the re-brand of the dating company called 'Mutual Attraction' very interesting as it proved just how important research is when designing with a strong concept. Branding is an area of Graphic Design that I find interesting as it amazes me how such small details can easily portray very different messages to what was intended. The presentation of his initial ideas and the process to develop them into the final branding identity was useful to see as it allowed me to think about how I could present my design decisions in a more professional way.

"The best thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you"

His 'Book of Ideas' was visually inspirational and very simply addressed different obstacles and questions that may come up in the creative industry. I particularly found the writing titled 'Face a fear every day' interesting as it reminded me that fear can prevent greatness from happening. This is a comment that I would always think of when approaching a new brief as I do believe that more interesting work is created when it doesn't fall within your comfort zone. 

http://www.brandnu.co.uk/work/


No comments:

Post a Comment