Wednesday 9 November 2016

Studio Brief 1: Development after the Final Crit

Following on from the feedback given, I have started development towards the final logotype. The symbol in this design needed to be edited so that it was more legible when displayed very small and it also needed to be manipulated to match the chosen typeface more accurately.





I started by only thickening the four most significant points, but I do not think this portray high-end or style.

I then inverted this and increased the width of all of the lines apart form the four significant ones. I think this is more successful, but it is still not a massively distinctive change.

I continued with this concept, by exaggerating this increased line thickness, but it did not have the sophisticated appearance the brand requires.

A discussion with peers took me back to my original idea, but increasing the thickness of all 12 lines and having the 4 significant lines longer as the manipulated feature works much more effectively.


I then started to look at where the branding could be placed on the watch face, as it was suggested that this could be made more interesting. I decided to place it across the centre, with the 'O' surrounding the central pivot point.

This works well as it highlights the unique part of the logotype well and makes a recognisable feature for the target audience to associate with the brand.







I then experimented with the presentation of the name on a shop front as it was thought to be best presented with a dark background and a light coloured font.


grey large writing
grey medium writing
grey small writing

white writing





The peer feedback made it very evident that the small sized writing looked the most suitable on the shop front, in white. The white works better because it stands out much more and the high contrast 'fashion' font is mirrored in the high contrast between the two main colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment