Wednesday 9 November 2016

Studio brief 2: Development sketches



I started by tracing over the Baskerville typeface to see which manipulations would be the most affective. I started to look at the ways in which the serifs could be manipulated to illustrate the meaning of 'unorthodox'. I first removed them to see what the basic letterform would look like but this is not enough to represent 'unorthodox', so I would continue to make a bigger change.
I traced the letters to see what a slab serif would look like, which worked well. I do no think this design is adventurous enough for the given adjective.
This process was useful as it allowed e to engage with pen and paper without the restriction I may have faced on the computer. I have learnt that manipulation is the most important factor of this and the choice of which element to do this too will impact the overall personality that the typeface will portray.


No comments:

Post a Comment