Tuesday 19 March 2019

Penguin NW - Submission research

Having changed the background to the dark shade of blue so that the moonlight in the window could become more of a focus, the official Penguin elements on the book were too similar in colour and appeared lost on the design - shown in figure 1. I spoke to some of my peers on a group chat to find out if they had changed the colours of the Penguin official elements and they said that changing it to white would not be a problem if a dark background has been used. It is something that Penguin themselves would probably also need to consider when designing a book, it is about being content aware. 

Figure 2 shows how I opened the template in Adobe Indesign and then changed the elements from brown/black to white. As part of the design, I might change some of it to mach the colours used on the book cover final design. 

Figure 3 shows how I have started to take the different design elements from Adobe Illustrator and link them into the Indesign document so that I can accurately start to lay every element out and complete the final book cover design. It is important that it is all linked so that I can go back and edit individual elements to fit the design how I intend it to. 


figure 1
fig. 2
fig. 3
Upon revision at a later stage I looked at the brief again and it specified that the template provided must be used, so to avoid any disqualification I thought that it would be best to adapt the design to work with the provided barcodes etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment