Wednesday 27 March 2019

Artisan Drinks - Development

Once I had a list of adjectives that were both appropriate for describing a drink and also complimenting a person, I started to look at the different ways in which I could develop some consistency. A campaign is shown to be most effective when it starts with the same tagline/words as it allow for the audience to familiarise and almost start to predict what is coming next, leading to the association to the particular brand. 

Planning:

 

The starting phrases:
I like how ... you are 
You are ...
You look ... 
Ooo, you're ...
I think you are ... 

Design developments:
I like how ... 
This has the adjective in italic as a way of making it stand out more as the concept and in terms of the starting phrase this takes the adjective and presents it in a positive manner, more so than some of the other options. 






Ooo, you're ...
This is a casual approach, but it may not necessarily be something that someone is likely to say out loud so the concept for this reason wouldn't be so strong.





You're so ... 
This is the most likely thing that someone would say to another person when trying to give a compliment, also if someone was hypothetically talking to their drink - or the mixer talking to the spirit.





Feedback:



  • Column 1: bubbly , column 2: tempting, column 3: mouth watering
  • 1: bubbly, 2: tempting, 3: mouth watering and sweet
  • I think if you’re going to just choose one column then I’d go with column 1 or 3
  • maybe 3 more than 1 bc it seems slightly more casual? like you’re more like to say you’re so sweet over i like how sweet you are
Further development:
Moving on from the feedback and the decision that the tagline placement did not allow for it to read as intended, I continued the development jut in terms of visual styles I tried out a couple if different ways of maybe not having the whole background in the block colour etc. but the process shows that it does not produce the same bold outcome that originally was achieved. I do like the idea of maybe using a the box to act as almost a sticker on the billboard or as a way of drawing attention to it. 

The next step shows all of the ways in which the text could be placed if left aligned and then just working with how to place the logo and the tagline in the most effective way but also visually pleasing. I liked the way it was spread across a few lines in terms of filling the space given, but it seemed more to the point and direct when it was singular line as the main focus of the campaign. 



I then took the layout of which I thought was working the best so far and tested the different colour combinations that could be apart of the campaign based on the colours used within the artwork on the bottles. I can now use these as a basis for the next part of the design development. I started to think that maybe a different tagline would work better such as 'it's all in the compliment' but then upon reflection I decided that it only work with this particular part of the campaign and not the overall concept which is about lifting people's spirits through the means of compliments as one element but then also conversation starting etc. 




In response to feedback:
In order to gage exactly how these designs could work in context I used some mock up templates to help visualise them. The compliment in the centre of the advert is obviously the most important part of the campaign and then the tagline ties it all together. The landscape designs show the tagline to follow the compliment an then the logo is placed in the bottom right. This is good, but it is shown to read better when portrait and the logo is then followed by the tagline. 




Further development:
I then thought about how I needed to highlight the adjective or just in general make it stand out much more as a campaign. 



Feedback:
I wasn't 100% sure of what was working so I asked for some more feedback just to clear up any questions / uncertainty that I had. 



- italic as a way of highlighting the adjective
- highlighted
- highlighted stands out much more but change the typefaces to not italic and contrast with the weightings instead
- bubbly in bold and the rest in regular 


I then developed it to this based on the feedback as a quick visual reference to then go by for the rest of the campaign. In terms of design development I need to central align the box and then take the spacing from the first few words and apply it to the edge of the box so that it looks balanced. 

Application development:
As part of the campaign, I wanted to develop some different ways that the advertising can be used in a more fun way. The idea to make stickers seemed to be a very definite decision as they could really be used in many ways and a large number of people would engage with them. People like stickers to collect to use in a personal way so for this reason I did not include the logo as they visually link to the main campaign very accurately so it is with the hope that the association to the brand will have already be made. The stickers will be found stuck onto mirrors in locations such as bar toilets, restaurants, offices and Universities as they will reach the customers 1, likely to use the artisan mixers and 2, likely to take a selfie and upload it to social media - further spreading the campaign. 









No comments:

Post a Comment