Tuesday 19 March 2019

Penguin NW - Mockup

I started to mock up the design before the final refinements were made so that I could really visualise it in context and in doing so it lead to the conclusion about the spine needing a bit more refinement. The mockup came as shown below so I had to manipulate it a lot so that I could show the full book design in one file. I hid the spine and then took the front cover folder and horizontally flipped it so that it could now act as the back cover. In order for the design to work I had to flip this separately when placed onto the mockup. I then saved this file separately to then drop back into the full file. This allowed me to lay it out so that there was a back page, spine and front cover. I started to place all of the designs into the correct places but the mockups were the wrong size, so I placed it stretched to the mockup so that I could then take the whole structure of the book and manipulate it to be how I intended.  





Final mockup
Having experimented at an earlier design stage I was able to see that I didn't like that particular mock up style so I changed it. The same problem arose in that the mock up was a different size to the design so I distorted the dimensions and then manipulated the full render. I used a png of the front cover as a size reference to ensure that it ended up in the correct proportions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment