Tuesday 19 March 2019

Penguin NW - Final refinement




The transferring into the white on the book left it much thicker than it is meant to be. To overcome this, I opened the png in Adobe Photoshop ad changed it to white by originally making it black and then changing the levels. I then exported it is a psd and placed it in the Indesign fill so that I could match it up with the sizing of the one that Penguin supplied. 



As a last refinement on the design I was advised to look at the spine layout and consider the text on the back page so that the spine could appear more balanced. The authors name now lines up with the bottom of the first paragraph and then the title has been kept the same size but placed centrally to the pink text on the back page. 

I then moved the names of the newspaper onto the separate lines so that the consistency with the copy is visually working better. This now left me undecided as to what to do with the tile on the spine, so I decided to place in in the middle of the authors name and the vintage logo - leading to the most balanced option as you wont see the back cover and the spine in relation to each other once the book is printed.


No comments:

Post a Comment