Wednesday 14 December 2016

Pantone: Initial experiments

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3
To get a feel for the project, I started to experiment with some pictures that I had already taken since I had moved into Leeds. It allowed me too realise that the colour swatches work better when only a small section of the image is used, rather than the whole thing. 

Image 1 was a photo that I took one weekend as I was shopping in Leeds. It is a new piece of street art that has now been featured in the 'Independent Leeds' magazine, but I was lucky enough to spot it as it was being made. Although the colour palette that was created from this photo is nice, I think that because the photo concentrates on the colours of the painting, it is a bit too obvious to use for this project as it is about finding every day street scenes and taking the colours as inspiration. 

Image 2 is of the lake at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, with the colour palette being obviously focused on the green and blues. It is an area that I enjoyed visiting, but it is not somewhere that I walk past as part of my everyday life. 

Image 3 is of a building at the top of the road of where I live. Although the grey sky reflects the everyday weather up in Leeds, I think the colour palette would have been much more interesting if it was at a different time of day such as sunset, sunrise or just when it was a bit more sunny.

These experiments have worked well and have given me the confidence to be able to pick out colour swatches from a photograph an use them to create a colour palette that I can then work with throughout the design process. To move on with this project, I need to take a photo that I can use as my everyday scene and draw inspiration from that to make the final booklet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment