Wednesday 14 December 2016

Pantone: Existing booklets/leaflets

Booklet 1:
I used existing leaflets and booklets as the main source of my research so that I could physically see how it was put together and to see which stock of card would be most suitable for my design.

This first example shows what it looks like to print onto coloured tracing paper or acetate. I like the idea of using this as the front and back cover of the book, or I could have a page attached into the centre of the actual book to act as a layer over an image. 

Another way to use tracing paper within my design would be to print onto the clear tracing paper and then wrap it around plain coloured card so that the colour shows through, but the main focus is still on the actual design printed onto the tracing paper. 


Booklet 2:
This method of presenting information is effective as it is very large in size, bright and engages the user. I like the use of different colours that all compliment each other, but work effectively at separating the sections of information from each other so that it is an easy leaflet for users to engage with. When designing my book/leaflet, I will need to ensure that all of the information is presented in a way that it is clearly sectioned and easy for the reader to understand. 


Booklet 3: 








This book/booklet design is very aesthetically neutral and focuses on the type of paper to section the information and make the content engaging. I like how the pages are not of all equal size, so that the when closed it looks like the front cover is designed to have different colours as the border. I would like to consider the use of different size pages to help me to highlight particular sections of information. I like the thickness of the card that is used in this existing booklet because it makes it feel of higher quality and that it will with stand being used by lots of people. 
There is a section that is built into the spine works as the component that holds the whole booklet together and also forms a holder for the narrower leaflet to be placed in. 

Booklet 4:

Something I noticed about this booklet was that it had a very bright front cover, making it engaging and eye catching. The front cover gives the first impressions of what the book may contain and the style in which it will be presented. 
A technique that I thought was successful was the die cutting on the front cover to reveal small parts of the image that was on the next page. I could incorporate this in my booklet design by having the die cutting to show part of the colour palette underneath.
Another design approach that I liked about this booklet was how an images opacity was reduced and then the quote was overlaid. This looks effective and illustrates the quote better than if it was just on a blank page.


No comments:

Post a Comment