Thursday 9 February 2017

Studio Brief 2 - Task 9

Task 9
- create a 60 second video based on your research into the object

I started by sketching out storyboards (Figure 1) to see what kind of video I wanted to produce. I thought about doing '60 words 60 seconds', all images I have created, time lapse of me taking apart the tape, facts that I had found or just general images of tapes I had collected.
Figure 2 focuses on the idea of the sound wave and it is an animated version of design I did based on the song 'She loves you' by The Beatles. Visually it is engaging, but for a whole minute I do not feel like it would be that interesting for the audience of the video. To improve the short video I started to add different video clips to further enhance the representation of the cassette tape (Figure 3). I recorded a garden windmill as I thought the spinning metaphorically represented the cassette tape effectively. With the added overlay of facts about the cassette tape I feel as though this short video is more successful and engaging. 
The last storyboard (Figure 4) predominately evolves around the time-lapse created of the taking apart of the cassette tape and then rearranging it as all separate pieces. The video is in a two-tone colour using colours that are bright and contrasting, a common feature in design during the 60s when the cassette tape was released. Developing this idea of having all of the research and generated images as part of the video will work well at showcasing this research task into a 60 second video. 

Figure 1
Figure 2

Figure 3


Figure 4

No comments:

Post a Comment