Thursday 9 February 2017

Studio Brief 1: Final Crit

Figure 1
The final crit allowed me to present my final concept and get feedback before finalising everything completely. 

The original proposal was that I was creating an immersive wayfinding system that allowed people to understand a subculture in Leeds that was from the past. It was suggested that by having the QR codes on the map, it wouldn't allow this experience because people could just sit at home and look at the information about each location. The QR code would work better if put at each location, meaning that people have to travel to each location to be able to experience the immersive experience the wayfinding system was aiming to achieve. 

The size of the hexagonal shape at each location was something that I was unsure about. I didn't know if it would work better if it was discrete or if it was an area in which people could actually stand and look through information. It was decided that it would work best to have it as an area in which people could stand and look at the QR codes, making them feel part of something. 

The map needed to be further developed, maybe focusing on the actual route and less on the other parts of Leeds. It was said that people would look for the main roads in the city centre rather than all of the little side roads. To further develop the map I will use the main location points as the main feature ad then include some of the main roads as more of a decorative feature, not only informative. To achieve this, I may have to introduce another colour or use different opacities of blue. I think I will have the pictograms at each of the locations on the map so that people know which ones they are heading to, also making the location standout as they can use the pictogram as a visual reference.

The best way to present my idea would be to create a mixture of visuals as there are lots of different components to my wayfinding system that would need to be displayed and explained. The photoshop mockup showing the metal standing sign in-between the locations would need to be worked on and printed out as a deliverable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment